Traditional lasagne made with minced beef, béchamel sauce and sheets of fresh pasta is delicious, but fattening. So if you are trying to control your calorie intake it is a far better idea to make a tasty vegetable lasagne instead. The good news is that you don’t need to sacrifice taste and flavour when making the following dish. Thanks to a perfect combination of ingredients, you can enjoy a healthy, low fat meal that is packed full of vitamins and minerals.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 x courgettes
- 2 x cloves of garlic
- 1 x red onion
- 4 x sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Small pinch of chilli
- 1 x aubergine
- 1 x red pepper
- 1 x tin of sweetcorn
- 1 x tin butterbeans
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 350ml rice milk
How To Make Vegetable Lasagne
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / Gas Mark 4
- Slice the courgettes into thin ribbons. Rub oil and seasoning into the courgette ribbons and toast them on each side for one minute in a hot griddle pan. Put to one side until later.
- Fry the finely sliced onion and garlic in some hot oil for around five minutes. Remove half of the soft onions and place them in a blender.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes to the remainder of the onions and garlic in the frying pan and cook for 30 minutes. Add the chilli and season to taste. Blend into a sauce and add to a mixing bowl.
- Place sliced rounds of aubergine, thinly sliced pepper and sweetcorn on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with thyme. Place the tray in the hot oven for 20 minutes and then add the vegetables to the tomato sauce.
- Add the drained tin of butterbeans to the rest of the onion and garlic and blend into a smooth sauce.
- Create layers of courgettes, tomato sauce and butterbean sauce in a lasagne dish until all of the ingredients have been used up. Make sure your final layer is ribbons of cooked courgettes. Place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve your vegetable lasagne with a fresh green salad.
A portion of regular lasagne is around 600 calories. This version contains 50% less fat and is only 375 calories. Try it!
(Image by Zole4 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)
Have you downloaded our great FREE report yet? Plenty of other dieters have and they are now using this report to overcome the 5 most common obstacles which could stand in their way of losing weight. Click on the image below to find out how you too can overcome the obstacles holding you back and start your journey to the new slimmer, healthier you today…